DAY TRIP TO KUKUP AND SHOPPING AT JOHOR
30 Jan 2019 | 7am - 9pm | Johor, Malaysia
Kukup is a fishing village in south Malaysia’s Johor state. It's known for its seafood restaurants built on stilts over the water. Offshore, to the west, Kukup Island National Park has boardwalks through mangroves, an observation tower and a suspension bridge. To the south, the coastal mangroves and mudflats of Tanjung Piai National Park are home to dusky leaf monkeys, long-tailed macaques and migratory birds.
We will be spending the first half of the day exploring the two national parks and the kelong before we stop for lunch at one of the local seafood restaurant.
Trip fee includes:
Trip fee excludes:
- Accompanying ASPIRE55 Staff
- 1 seafood lunch meal
- Transport, pickup and drop off at Jurong East MRT Station
- Bumboat ride at Kukup
- Entrance fee to Tanjong Piai National Park or Pulau Kukup Johor National Park
- 2 meals - breakfast and dinner
- Your shopping expenses
- Travel insurance
Things to bring:
06.45am - Meet at pick up point, Jurong East MRT Station
07.00am - Depart Jurong East for Kukup, via Tuas Checkpoint
08.00am - Breafast stopover at Gelang Patah
09.45am - Arrive at Tanjung Piai National Park to take a walk to the southern most tip of mainland Asia
11.00am - Depart Tanjung Piai National Park to Kukup Ferry Terminal
11.30am - Hop onto bumboat to explore the kelongs (fish farms) on a bumboat
12.00pm - Hop onto bumboat to head for Kukup Johor National Park
01.00pm - Hop onto bumboat to head for Kukup Ferry Terminal
01.15pm - Seafood lunch at one of the kelong restaurant (New Kukup Restaurant), and shop for local products
02.45pm - Depart for Aeon Bukit Indah, or Paradigm Mall
03.45pm - Arrive at Aeon Bukit Indah, or Paradigm Mall. Free and easy.
06.00pm - Dinner at your own time and expense
07.00pm - Depart for Jurong East MRT Station
*Timings are estimated and may change on the day itself.
- Water bottle
- Insect & sun protection
- Lightweight backpack to keep your belongings
- Shopping bags to help reduce the use of plastics
- 10 pax for the event to be confirmed! So RSVP soon to avoid dissapointment!
- The value of your purchased goods in Johor should not exceed $150 as you'll be subjected to be taxed if the amount exceeds. Please keep your receipts for this matter.