Ever wondered how your clay pots are produced?
Clay pots (or functional vessels) are made by hand, out of clay that must be fired. The art of pottery making is not as easy as it sounds - it requires the right combination of water and clay in order for it to become and glass-like upon heating to high temperatures. Nonetheless, pottery making is said to be fun and therapeutic!
Join us for this fun activity and bring home a specially crafted designer piece for yourself.
- Meeting time: 145pm @ Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle
- Introduction to the Dragon Kiln and pottery
- Walk-through of the Dragon Kiln (if there is no firing taking place)
- Live demonstration of the potter’s wheel
- Introduction of the basic techniques of hand-building, followed by a live demonstration by professional instructors.
- Live demonstration of hand-building an art-piece
- Hands-on session
- Glazing session
- End of session – free & easy shopping!
We can also arrange for a return transfer service from ASPIRE55 to Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle for $12.